The Top Wellness Stories of 2007
5. Tenacity Connected to Health Concerns. Being tenacious is generally looked at as a positive trait. However, research has found that unrelenting tenacity is linked to inflammation associated with diabetes and heart disease. Disengaging from an imposing goal and returning later to set a new one creates a greater sense of purpose and mastery.
4. Worried Sick? You May Well Be. People who worry most about their health are doing the damage to their health by, believe it or not, worrying. The majority of people worry about cancer, heart disease, and obesity. These worries were found to be causing sleepless nights, loss of sex drive, and earratic eating habits. The best way to fight anxiety and stress is by talking to friends, regular exercise, a balanced diet, and avoiding caffeine.
3. Yoga Found to Alleviate Depression. Continuing with the topic of mental health, yoga has been found to stimulate regions of the brain associated with certain mental disorders. Compared to those who did no yoga, people who participated in one hour sessions of yoga were found to have a twenty seven percent increase in a key inhibitory neuro transmitter connected to alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety.
2. Seven to Eight Hours Hits the Sweet Spot for Sleep. For many people, getting enough sleep can be a struggle. But new evidence suggests that in addition to not getting enough sleep, getting too much sleep, can have negative health consequences. Experts recommend getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night to feel alert and well rested.
1. Strength Training Turns Back the Clock for Aging. Growing old is often associated with an inevitable decline in strength and energy. However, research has found that elderly participants who engaged in weight training regularly were able to offset the skeletal muscle atrophy and functional impairment associated with aging. Moderate exercise reverses cell decline and provides energy to remain active through the aging process.Disclaimer
551 5th Avenue Ste. 525
Manhattan, NY 10176
230 Midland Ave
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
9065 S. Pecos Rd., Ste. 250
Henderson, NV 89074