Disclosure of Information.
- Underage users: The Website does not knowingly collect PII from children under eighteen (18) years of age. This is not a Website directed to children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, do not send any information about yourself to Empowered. If we discover that a child under the age of 18 has provided the Website with PII, we will delete that child’s PII from its system.
- Anonymous Information: When you visit the Website, our web servers automatically collect website usage information. Website usage information is anonymous information that describes how our visitors use and navigate our Website, and it includes the number and frequency of visitors to each web page, video and the time-span of their stays. Empowered collects the anonymous information automatically sent to us by your web browser, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our Website, and IP address. We may also determine what technology is available through your browser in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page.
- Log File Information: When visitors call for pages from our Website, our servers log the visitor’s IP address. Empowered may collect IP addresses for a range of internal purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners or to review the number of visits to different pages or videos watched on our Website.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Website, Empowered may employ “clear GIFs” which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Use of Information.
- Any PII or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- Empowered may not use your email address or other PII to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Website changes or for customer service purposes).
- Empowered may use both your PII and certain non-personally-identifiable information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- Empowered may employ other trusted companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Such third parties may have access to our Users’ PII in order to provide these services to us on our behalf solely for such purposes; however, they are not permitted to use it for any other purpose.
- Empowered may not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your PII to third parties unless disclosed herein or at the time such information is collected or unless you otherwise give consent, other than in the following limited circumstances:
- Legal Action: Empowered may disclose information about its users, including PII, when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Website and applicable state and federal laws, or to protest against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website. We may also disclose user PII whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability, to protect or defend our rights or property or protect the safety, rights or property of our users. We also reserve the right to disclose PII and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Empowered believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce the Terms & Conditions
- Corporate Change: Empowered may sell, transfer or otherwise disclose user information, including PII, to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all assets, or other fundamental corporate change respecting the Website.
- You may decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case Empowered may not be able to provide certain services to you. Please note that media files uploaded by Users to the Website cannot be removed and remain subject to our Terms & Conditions.
- Empowered takes steps to secure the data you submit to us, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our user data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Empowered, and you do so at your own risk.
Consent to Transfer.
- Empowered permits other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to deliver advertisements within the Website. They may also use other tools to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize advertising content.
- As noted above, Empowered does not provide any PII to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if Empowered is requested by an advertiser to show an advertisement to a certain audience and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may determine that you fit the profile of the audience it is trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Website, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any PII), to calculate which ads it should send to you.