Five Foods to Slim By
1. Millet. This is a wonderful, non-glutinous, non-acid-forming whole grain that is 10 percent protein and packs lots of fiber and B vitamins. It and its cousins (whole wheat, whole oats, etc.) should be substituted for refined foods such as white rice and pasta.
2. Asparagus. This vegetable contains lots of chlorophyll, folate, fiber and vitamins A, C and K. It also has the carbohydrate inulin, which improves overall digestion by encouraging the growth of healthy intestinal bacteria.
3. Pomegranates. These fruits are high in fiber and low in calories. As they're making you feel full, they're pumping you up with antioxidants that help prevent cancer - as do other red- and blue-colored fruits.
4. Pine nuts. These seeds of the pine tree are used in Chinese medicine to aid digestion. Pine nut oil is even used to suppress appetite.
5. Green Tea. This drink, even though it has some caffeine, is a great alternative to high-caffeine beverages like coffee and various sodas and energy drinks, which can provoke stress-related eating.Disclaimer
2505 Samaritan Drive, Suite 600
San Jose, CA 95124
7 West 45th St,. Floor 9
New York, NY 10036
230 Midland Ave
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663