Expert Commentary: Dr. Micozzi, M.D. - May 8, 2009
Frankly, I don’t anyone who eats this much fruits and vegetables. So let’s see what we can do? Well, let’s start with motivation. Here are 10 good reasons to consider fruit and vegetables consumption.
1. Fruits and veggies come in colors. Most other foods are dull when it comes to colors. The bright colors of these edibles should appeal to your children. After all most dyes come from vegetables.
2. They are convenient. Fresh, frozen, canned, dried, juice. All are nutritious.
3. High in fiber keep you regular.
4. Low fat, low calories.
5. High in all those essential vitamins and minerals, and many experts say that nutrients are more potent because it comes from live foods.
6. Which means it all comes together to give you more energy.
7. Which means you get to live a long and healthy life.
8. And they are always different. If there is one vegetable you don’t like, you can try the next.
9. And they make for good snacking. A bag of baby carrots beats a bag of M&Ms. You will feel better, more energized, and end up a lot lighter.
10. And then there is the taste. Most of us are so desensitized by heavy meat flavors we have lost the love of more subtle flavors. Think of vegetables as fine wines, and soon you will become a connoisseur. Try it and soon you will obsessing over the flavor, scent, texture, and juice content of your next tomato.
232 East 30th Street
New York, NY 10016
523 East 72nd Street
New York, NY 10021
Call: (212) 606-1568
962 Park Ave
New York, NY 10028
1 Gustave L Levy Pl
New York, NY 10029
425 West 59th Street, Suite 8A
New York, NY 10019
Call: (212) 492-5500
River Court East 52 Street
New York, NY 10022
Call: (212) 754-1100