About Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery
Are you looking for a community hospital with exceptional service? With it’s convenient location, commitment to innovation and compassionate care, Lawrence Hospital Center has been providing exemplary service since 1909.
Located in Bronxville, New York, Lawrence Hospital Center is easily accessible from many main thoroughfares and has now served Southern Westchester County and the surrounding communities for many years.
Since it’s conception, Lawrence Hospital has been committed to growth and innovation. We offer a wide range of services including the following:
- State of the Art Emergency Department
- Center for Advanced Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery Program
- Maternity Care
- Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
- Center for Sleep Medicine
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Hospice Services
- Pediatric Care
Lawrence Hospital Center has received several certifications and achievements to our credit including:
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission, and licensure by the New York State Department of Health.
- Designation as a New York State Stroke Center.
- Certification as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and a Bariatric Center of Excellence.
- Laboratory accreditation by the College of American Pathologists.
- Cancer Care Program accreditation by the American College of Surgeons with Commendation.
- Lawrence Hospital Center’s Cardiology program includes an accredited Echocardiographic Laboratory by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiographic Laboratories.
At Lawrence Hospital we are committed to providing compassionate care. That means that each member of our team will treat you with courtesy and respect. But compassion means going above and beyond pleasantries, it means providing services that improve and support the overall well being of our patients and community. These services include the following:
- Services for the Deaf: Interpreters for the deaf and hard of hearing are available for patients and visitors.
- Access to Pastoral Services: We understand the importance of spiritual support during times of duress. We treat each person’s faith and needs with utmost respect and offer pastoral services including bedside sacrament. Our chapel is always open for prayer and meditation, and includes a wide array of spiritual literature from a variety of belief systems. We also offer Islamic prayer rugs, and electric candles.
- Palliative Care: Our palliative care team is a part of our oncology interdisciplinary care team. Our team offers pain management and other services to support your wellbeing during cancer treatment and terminal illness.
- Cancer Survivorship Program: We are committed to the well being of cancer survivors even after treatment. Our Cancer Survivorship Program offers a support group, and assistance creating a Cancer Treatment Summary and a Post-treatment Cancer Survivorship Plan of Care. These services are offered free of charge to ALL cancer survivors, not just those that received care at Lawrence Hospital Center.
- Lawrence Home Care of Westchester: This certified home health care program provides ongoing service to patients in the comfort of their own home; providing options for those who may otherwise require institutional care.
- The Bereavement Center of Westchester: Provides support and compassion for those grieving the loss of a loved one, including services for children four to 18 whose parent or sibling has died.
- Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care: Since 1984 Jansen’s Hospice has provided supportive, compassionate care for terminally ill patients, allowing them to spend their last days in peace and dignity surrounded by their loved ones.
- BRCA Breast Cancer Genes
- Bladder Cancer Patients Can Benefit from Radical Robotic Bladder Surgery
- Cell Phone Use and Tumors
- Epigenetic Analysis Reveals New Stomach Cancer Subtypes
- Exercise Has Benefits for Cancer Patients, but Few Oncologists Suggest It
- Health Wrap - June 2
- Kidney Cancer Mechanisms Smarter than Previously Known
- Lung Cancer Deaths Reduced by CT Screening
- The Ethical Implications of Gene Patenting
- We Are Moving Closer Toward Non-Surgical Treatments for Multiple Tumors