Drs. John Holup, DO and Elliot Goodman, MD have been practicing Bariatric Surgeons for 10 years. They have performed several thousand weight loss surgeries with outstanding success. In addition to their scrupulous surgical technique and their utilization of the most up to date technical advances Drs Holup and Goodman pay particular attention to pain control in the immediate post-operative period and to that end use a subcutaneous analgesic automatic pain pump which provides local control at the site of pain i.e. the incision. This lessens the need for systemic narcotic administration during the immediate post-op period and therefore the side effects associated with narcotic use such as nausea, drowsiness and constipation. This provides for a more seamless transition from surgery to recovery and gets patients on their feet faster.
During surgery just before awakening from anesthesia two catheters are placed under the skin at the incision site. The catheters are thin, pliable and unobtrusive are completely portable and can be carried in a small pouch attached to the patients clothing. They provide a continuous infusion of an analgesic/ antibiotic solution over a period of seventy two hours. The subcutaneous infusion device is simple and effective and requires little to no management or intervention by the patient or caregiver.
Drs. Holup and Goodman take great pride in there intensive pre-operative intra-operative post-operative and long term post-op follow-up and with their staff share a commitment to a physically mentally and spiritually happier and healthier you.
- Another Five Predictors of Long Life
- Depression Produces Abdominal Obesity
- Expert Commentary: Dr. Elliot Goodman, M.D. - May 20, 2009
- Healthy Feet Incompatible With Fat
- Morbidly Obese Individuals May See Migraine Relief with Bariatric Surgery
- New Hope for Victims of Crohn's Disease
- Obese Don't Lose Weight Even After Health Breakdowns
- Overweight Children Improve Learning With Vigorous Exercise
- Remedy or Rip Off Lipozene
- Social Class No Shield Against Smoking's Toxicity