Arthroscopy / Arthroscopic Surgery Manhattan, NYC
In the instance of a serious joint injury where surgery is necessary to make a proper recovery, medical advancements have made the road to recovery an easier one to cross. Arthroscopy/ Arthroscopic Surgery is only one of the many procedures the skilled physicians perform at Columbia Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine in Manhattan, NYC. Leave your recovery to those who are able to help. Call today to schedule an appointment.
The most common cause for surgery is a labral tear. The Labrum is a bumper of tissue that exists within the rotator cuff in the shoulder. Due to over exertion or a sudden injury, a tear can cause great discomfort and limitations to the movement of the shoulder. Due to the complex nature of the joint with the network of tissues and ligaments that make up the rotator cuff in the shoulder, special methods must be employed. Arthroscopy/ Arthroscopic Surgery is a procedure that employs the use of surgical tools that are inserted into the body through small incisions. This method is far safer than traditional methods giving the surgeon greater precision as well as speeding up recovery time due to the small size of incisions.
Columbia Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine desire is to use the procedure that will provide the safest road to recovery for the patient. Joint tears in most cases require surgery and so Arthroscopy/ Arthroscopic Surgery is an obvious choice for treatment. However in many cases, the team of physicians on staff will meet a patient who was told their condition absolutely needs surgery when in reality with proper rehabilitative, non-surgical treatments that same patient can be back on their feet functioning painlessly. It is this level of experience that separates Columbia Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine from other sports medicine practices.
The Doctors at Columbia Sports Medicine are experts in administering orthopedic solutions in:
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- General Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Shoulder, Elbow, and Arm surgery
If you have suffered a joint injury or are wondering if you could benefit from Arthroscopy/Arthroscopic Surgery and are living in Manhattan, NYC, consider consulting the physicians at Columbia Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine. Their expertise and professionalism is what gives them the unique ability to give each patient what they need to make the best recovery possible. Don't put your rehabilitation off any longer. Call today.
- A Natural Solution to Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Elderly Individuals Can Lower Their Risk of Type 2 Diabetes by Taking Short Walks
- Enjoy Your Life: Your Aging Body Will Thank You, Study Shows
- Exercise Programs Benefit Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- For Common Diseases, Exercise 'as Effective as Drugs'
- Physical Inactivity May Be Responsible for the Same Amount of Deaths as Smoking
- Protecting Knees: Rehab and "Prehab"
- Reduce Heart Failure Risk by Getting Fit in Middle Age
- Routine Exercise Raises Life Expectancy Even If Overweight
- Understanding the Link between Mental Health and Exercise