Breast Cancer Surgery in the New York Area
Breast cancer is one of the most frightening conditions that a woman can face. It's normal to feel scared and a little lost after hearing a diagnosis that carries so much weight, with so many possible outcomes. If you need reassurance and support in the New York area, call the Columbia University Comprehensive Breast Center at Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery. Our center has the technology and medical expertise you need to take you through recovery. If you need breast cancer surgery, call today to request a consultation with one of our experienced surgeons.
At the Lawrence Hospital Center, we are devoted to safeguarding the well-being and overall health of our patients through preventative treatment. Our precautionary services include genetic testing, genetic counseling, and risk management, which allow for the detection of any visible signs that point to breast cancer.
We also provide state-of-the-art diagnostic services including digital mammography, MRI, and sonographic imaging to accurately diagnose your condition, and determine an effective course treatment.
The Columbia University Comprehensive Breast Center at Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery offers a wide range of breast cancer treatments.
Some of our breast cancer surgery options include the following:
- Oncoplastic lumpectomy-- This breast cancer surgery includes a large lumpectomy, followed by reconstructive surgery to restore the breast to a natural shape.
- Skin sparing mastectomy-- This breast cancer surgery removes the cancerous breast tissue, but leaves the skin intact. The skin is then restored to a natural shape through breasts implants, or the patient’s own tissue.
- Nipple-preserving mastectomy-- This breast cancer surgery is performed along with a skin sparing mastectomy, and preserves the nipple so it will not have to be surgically reconstructed.
- Sentinel node biopsy-- This breast cancer surgery is diagnostic in nature, and seeks to determine if cancer has spread to the lymph nodes.
- Axillary lymph node dissection-- In the event that cancer has spread to the lymph nodes, this breast cancer surgery seeks to remove the cancerous tissues.
- Surgery for recurrent disease-- It takes special skill to perform surgery for recurrent breast cancer, but our experienced surgeons will be able to take care of you even with this difficult condition.
If you need breast cancer surgery in the New York area, call the Columbia University Comprehensive Breast Center at Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery and request a consultation with one of our experienced breast cancer surgeons today.
In addition to exceptional medical treatment, we offer supportive therapies that encompass the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of breast cancer surgery, such as education programs and support groups. You will receive the moral and medical support you need to successfully cope with your condition. Our staff is sensitive to the challenge that you are facing and will always treat you with kindness and respect.
If you’re looking for a breast cancer surgery center that you can trust, the Columbia University Comprehensive Breast Center at Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery was ranked among the best hospitals in the country by U.S. News and World Report. Not only are we well respected, but we are one of the most compassionate centers you will ever experience. Want to see what sets us apart? Give us a call, and request a consultation today.
- All Types of Alcohol Linked to Breast Cancer Risk
- Blog Post: Stuart Diamond, Editor-in-Chief - May 29, 2009
- Cellular "Danger Receptor" Alerts Immune System to Cancer
- Certain Meat Compounds May Increase Risk of Bladder Cancer
- Expert Commentary: Dr. David Ansell, M.D., MPH - June 2, 2009
- First Time Age Degeneration Reversed in Mice
- Laser Device Zaps Single Cancer Cells
- Men and Skin Protection
- Study Will Examine Black Cohosh and Tamoxifen
- Summer Sun Safety Tips