Dr. Joseph H. Feinberg's
medical credentials have passed the annual screening by the researcher staff of Castle Connolly Medical Ltd, publishers of
America's Top Doctors.
Dr. Joseph H. Feinberg's records were vetted for:
licensing and/or other disciplinary action as available from public sources.
Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. - the trusted source for quality health healthcare choices
This office serves patients in the following areas:
Bowery, Chelsea, Chinatown, Clinton, East Harlem, East Village, Fort George, Garment District, Greenwich Village, Hamilton Heights, Harlem, Hell's Kitchen, Inwood, Kips Bay, Lenox Hill, Lincoln Square, Lower Eastside, Meat Packing District, Midtown, Midtown South, Morningside Heights, Murray Hill, Noho, Soho, Southern Tip, Tribeca, Turtle Bay, Upper Eastside, Upper Westside, Wall Street, Washington Heights, West Village, Yorkville, New York, New York City, NYC 10029
This office can handle the following languages:
Joseph H. Feinberg, MD finished his Residency training in Medicine at the New York University/ Rusk Institute of Rehab. Dr. Feinberg also had more Residency training at Mt. Sinai Hospital for General Surgery. His Internship also took place at Mt. Sinai Hospital. He completed fellowships in Orthopedic Pathology at the Hospital for Special Surgery and in Orthopedic Biomechanics at the University of Iowa. Dr. Feinberg gained his MD at Albany Medical College in Albany, New York.
With a specialty in Psychiatry , Dr. Feinberg is the team physician of St. Peters College and he served as the team physician for Seton Hall University from 1995 to 1997, the professional soccer team the Jersey Dragons from 1994 to 1996 and Jersey City State College from 1995 to 1999. He has a license to practice in the both the State of New Jersey and the State of New York. He has a visiting appointment at the Hospital for Special Surgery, where he is an Associate Attending Psychiatry . His clinical interests include Sports/Orthopedic related injuries and Spine and Nerve injuries.
Dr. Feinberg has been awarded the following awards:
- Graduated Union College with Honors in Biology, 1997
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, 1995
- 2nd Annual New Jersey Healthy American Fitness Leaders, 1995
- New York University Institute Research Award, 1990
- Chief Resident at Rusk Institute, 1989
Dr. Feinberg is also the author of numerous HSS Patient/ Professional Condition and Treatment articles, including:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Electrodiagnostic Testing for a Proper Diagnosis
- A Brief Overview of Physiatry, Electrodiagnostics, and Injections
- Patient's Guide to EMG Testing
- Electrodiagnostics: Localization, Quantification, Prognostication
- Essentials of Electrodiagnostics & Practical Applications
- Electrodiagnostic Corner: Cervical Radiculopathy vs. Parsonage Turner Syndrome: A Case Report
- Electrodiagnosis Corner: Sciatic Neuropathy: Case Report and Discussion of the Literature on Post-Operative Sciatic Neuropathy and Sciatic Nerve Tumors
- EMG: Myths and Facts
Dr. Feinberg has currently written a book called Peripheral Nerve Injuries in the Athlete, published by Human Kinetics. Dr. Feinberg has been a triathlete for about twenty years. He is also a part of a medical team called F.O.C.O.S. (Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine) that travels to Ghana to treat patients with orthopedic and neurological disorders.
Dr. Joseph H. Feinberg
523 East 72nd Street
New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 606-1568
Empowered Doctor Medical Board