Exceptional New York Orthopedic Doctors
Are you looking for reputable orthopedic doctors in Manhattan, New York? The Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine at the Columbia University Medical Center has a long history of exceptional orthopedic doctors, starting with the founder Dr. Charles S. Neer. Dr. Neer has been called the “father of modern shoulder surgery” due to his contributions in the field, including the first total shoulder replacement surgery.
The Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine offers a full range of orthopedic services and procedures including physical therapy, occupational therapy, cortisone treatments and arthroscopic, reconstructive, and trauma surgery for shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. They also have an incredible program for sports medicine, and provide medical care for several of the local high school teams in the Manhattan, New York area.
You can find stellar care and world class orthopedic doctors in the Manhattan, New York area, at the Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine at the Columbia University Medical Center. Currently they are taking new clients, so call today to request a consultation.
Dr. Neer also developed an acromioplasty procedure for impingement syndrome. Shoulder impingement can be a debilitating condition. It occurs when there is compression or wear of the tendons attached to the rotator cuff. This may be caused by aging or overuse of the shoulder. It is a condition that often afflicts tennis players, swimmers and pitchers.
Whether you suffer from shoulder impingement, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis or have undiagnosed joint pain, the orthopedic doctors at the Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine at the Columbia University Medical Center can help. Every orthopedic doctor on staff is outstanding in their field with impeccable credentials and impressive standards of patient care. Their skill and expertise is some of the finest in the Manhattan, New York area.
Call the Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine at the Columbia University Medical Center today to request an appointment. Our orthopedic doctors can diagnose your condition and recommend a course of treatment to get you back on track.
- 8 Ways Exercise Keeps You Young and Healthy
- Cartilage Transplants Help Repair Shoulder Joints
- Elderly Individuals Can Lower Their Risk of Type 2 Diabetes by Taking Short Walks
- Exercise May Limit Alcohol's Damaging Impact on the Brain
- Exercise Programs Benefit Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- Routine Exercise Raises Life Expectancy Even If Overweight
- Specific Strength Training Relieves Chronic Neck Pain
- Take a Pill or Hit the Gym? Drug Mimics Exercise's Effects
- The Middle Aged Brain Benefits from Exercise
- Understanding the Link between Mental Health and Exercise