Breast Cancer Treatment Westchester County, New York
Do you or a loved one have breast cancer? The Lawrence Hospital Center offers comprehensive cancer care including supportive services to help you cope with cancer treatment, advanced breast preserving breast cancer surgery options, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and genetic counseling. If you’re looking for impressive breast cancer treatment results in Westchester County, New York, call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery to request a consultation today.
Dr. Preya Ananthakrishnan, MD has been working to advance breasts cancer treatment for over 15 years. She leads the Lawrence Hospitals Center of Advanced Surgery team of oncologists. If you need breast cancer treatment in Westchester County, New York contact Dr. Preya Ananthakrishnan today.
Using the Mammotome Biopsy System Dr. Ananthakrishnan can locate abnormalities and obtain multiple tissue samples for diagnosis using minimally invasive surgical techniques. Using this innovative tool, biopsies can be performed under sterostactic x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, or Molecular Imaging Guidance.
Other Advanced surgical procedures performed by the Advanced Surgery Center include:
• Oncoplastic lumpectomy
• Skin sparing mastectomy
• Nipple-preserving mastectomy
• Sentinel node biopsy
• Axillary lymph node dissection
Sometimes the side effects and stress of breast cancer treatment is as challenging as cancer itself. Because of this, we offer you both physical and emotional supportive services during this difficult time. Your Oncology Nurse Navigator will provide a point of contact throughout the process. She will answer any questions you have about your treatments, manage your appointment schedule, and will provide constant support in every aspect of cancer care. We also provide palliative care to provide pain management, counseling, long term care planning and other services for you and your family.
- Addressing the Frequency of Cancer Screenings in Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Patients Boost Survival Rates with Mammography Tests
- Cellular "Danger Receptor" Alerts Immune System to Cancer
- Examining the Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy on Lung Cancer
- Expert Commentary: Andrea Pennington, M.D. 12/10/2009
- Female Childhood Cancer Survivors Maintain Good Chances at Achieving Conception
- Long Term Study Indicates Colonoscopy May Halve Colon Cancer Deaths
- Prostate Cancer Death Risk Lowered By Vegetable Fats
- Small Trial Proves Mesothelioma Vaccine Safe, Effective
- Study Will Examine Black Cohosh and Tamoxifen