Stomach Stapling Westchester, New York
If you suffer from obesity, you know that there are serious health risks. Unfortunately, that doesn’t make losing weight any easier. Many who have been unable to lose weight and keep it off with conventional means have found success with stomach stapling surgery. If you are looking for amazing stomach stapling results in Westchester, New York, consider the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery. Our comprehensive program provides you with ongoing weight loss support, as well as surgery, to ensure your long term success. Want to know more? Give us a call and request a consultation today.
Stomach stapling, is one of the most common restrictive operations that are administered for weight loss control. Stomach stapling not only restricts the amount of food you are able to eat, it permanently alters your digestive system so that you absorb fewer calories of the food you do eat.
To see if you are a candidate for this life changing procedure, call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery to request a consultation.
There are certain things should understand about stomach stapling before making your decision:
• You will still need to make long term changes in the way you eat. There are certain foods you may not be able to eat again, as they will make you very sick after this surgery.
• Stomach stapling is a restrictive technique for managing obesity.
• The pouch limits the amount of food that can be consumed at one time. If you overeat, you can cause serious harm.
• Stomach Stapling slows how quickly food can be digested.
• Stomach Stapling is more effective when combined with a malabsorptive technique: this allows a part of the stomach to be bypassed; in turn there is a reduction of calories that are consumed.
- Bariatric Surgery Patients Capable of Undergoing Heavy Exercise
- Childhood Obesity Linked to Sugar Levels During Pregnancy
- Drinks and Diet
- Expert Commentary: Dr. Elliot Goodman May 1, 2009
- Mandometer May be the Device Children need to Lose Weight
- Morbidly Obese Individuals May See Migraine Relief with Bariatric Surgery
- Novel Approaches for Treating Obesity
- Obesity Surgery Changes Hormones to Provide Relief of Diabetes Symptoms
- Signs of a Good Bariatric Surgery Candidate
- Weight Loss Surgery May Treat Liver Disease