Laparoscopic Surgery in the Yonkers, New York Area
Do you need Laparoscopic Surgery in the Yonkers, New York Area? The Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery has a team of successful surgeons who are trained and experienced in laparoscopic surgery techniques. Call our Bronxville, New York location today to request a consultation with one of our laparoscopic surgeons.
What is laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique used to examine the organs of the abdominal cavity. The procedure utilizes a thin flexible tube with a tiny video camera at the end. To guide him through surgery, the surgeon will make a small incision, and insert the laparoscope, which projects an image onto a computer screen. During the procedure, additional incisions will be made to insert small surgical tools, and the surgeon will use the images provided by the laparoscope to guide him.
Laparoscopic surgery has proven to be a vital innovation in modern medicine, because it allows a direct view of the abdominal organs and structures without the need for major surgery. This dramatically reduces the risks of surgery, and makes for a quick recovery time for the patient.
Many times Laparoscopic Surgery can be performed on an outpatient (ambulatory) basis, which means you can go home the same day you have the procedure, without the need for an overnight stay.
What are some common laparoscopic surgery procedures?
- Used to treat endometriosis.
- Used to remove an ectopic pregnancy in the fallopian tube.
- Used to perform appendectomy.
- Used to perform gallbladder surgery.
- Used to perform bariatric surgery.
What are the Surgical Areas of Expertise at the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery?
We offer an extensive range of surgical care including the following areas:
- Bariatric (Obesity)
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Obstetrics & Gynecological
In addition to laparoscopy, we offer a wide range of surgical options. If you are in need of laparoscopic surgery, or any other surgical procedure, and live in the Yonkers, New York area, call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery to request a consultation.
- Bariatric Surgery Patients Capable of Undergoing Heavy Exercise
- Cardiovascular Events and Death Reduced by Bariatric Surgery
- Diabetes Benefits from Gastric Bypass Surgery But Is Not a Permanent Fix
- Expert Commentary: Dr. Elliot Goodman, MD April 27, 2009
- Life Expectancy for Older Obese Males Not Extended by Bariatric Surgery
- New GERD Procedure
- Obese Don't Lose Weight Even After Health Breakdowns
- Obesity Rates May Be Leveling Off
- Premature Birth Linked to Bariatric Surgery in Women
- Weight Watchers