Bariatric Surgery in the New York Area
Are you considering Bariatric Surgery? The results of Bariatric Surgery can vary depending on the expertise of the surgeon. It’s important to find a bariatric surgeon with years of experience, and a history of successful patient care. For exceptional Bariatric Surgery results in the New York area, call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery.
Our surgical team has some of the leading surgeons in their field, Including the center's Chief of Surgery, Miguel Silva, MD, who is a nationally recognized mentor and educator in the field of obesity surgery. This expertise, combined with our unique approach to obesity weight loss surgery, gives you a considerable advantage in the weight loss process.
Criteria for Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric Surgery can be a lifesaving choice for severe and morbidly obese individuals whose health is at risk due to the complications of being overweight. However, it is a serious undertaking, and will dramatically alter your digestive system. Because of this, only those with a critical need for weight loss are good candidates for Bariatric Surgery. This includes individuals who are 100 or more pounds overweight, or who are 80 pounds overweight with other health issues such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea or other weight related conditions.
To find out if you qualify as a candidate for Bariatric Surgery, call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery and schedule a consultation.
Bariatric Surgery Options
We utilize advanced laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery techniques because they have fewer risks for infection and complications, and ensure a much quicker recovery time.
- Birth Control Pills aren't linked to Weight Gain
- Expert Commentary: Rami E. Lufti, M.D., FACS 12/15/2009
- Heart Disease and Stroke Risked Reduced Significantly for Bariatric Surgery Patients
- Lifestyle Changes Effective Against Child Obesity
- Metabolism and Insulin Levels Are Impacted by Artificial Sweeteners
- Obesity Drugs May Fight Cancer
- Obesity Surgery Changes Hormones to Provide Relief of Diabetes Symptoms
- Oregano Can Reduce Inflammation
- PCOS, Exercise, and Acupuncture
- Super Summer Foods