Spider & Varicose Vein Treatment Center near Yonkers, NY
(Offers facts about spider veins and varicose veins and clears up several of the myths that exist about vein disease)
Do you have spider veins and want to know the facts about your condition?
Spider veins, whether they occur on your face or your legs, can be extremely unsightly and cause you to lose confidence in your personal appearance. If you have spider veins or believe you are at risk to develop them, you may have heard a lot of conflicting information about what causes spider veins and how to prevent them. Below are some of the facts about spider veins. To find out more about either spider veins or varicose veins and how you can receive the treatment you need, call the Premiere Vein Center of Yonkers, NY, today.
- Spider veins are tiny blood vessels near to the surface of the skin that increase in size over time
- Women are more susceptible to spider veins, as well as workers who stand regularly as a function of their job
- 80% of spider vein cases are a direct result of heredity
- Tanning will not hide the appearance of spider veins on your face or legs, and excessive sun exposure can actually cause spider veins
- Crossing your legs does not cause spider veins, although it is related to varicose veins
- Excessive weight gain will not cause spider veins, although this condition may cause varicose veins
- No type of vitamin supplement will help reduce spider veins
- The best method of treatment for spider veins is sclerotherapy. This painless, quick procedure causes spider veins to collapse, turn into scar tissue, and eventually fade from appearance until they are barely noticeable.
If you are tired of being embarrassed by your spider veins and are ready to seek treatment, contact the Premiere Vein Center of Yonkers, NY, today. Our qualified professionals can offer you all the information you need to make an informed decision.