Spider & Varicose Vein Treatment Center near Pleasantville, NY
(Provides information about the signs and symptoms of varicose veins and spider veins)
Are you concerned that you may need treatment for your spider or varicose veins?
If you’ve noticed thick, bulging veins developing on your legs or dark veins on your face or legs, you may have spider or varicose veins. This common condition affects half of the U.S. population over age 50 and can have a significant impact on your confidence and your overall health. If you have noticed spider or varicose veins and are wondering whether you need treatment, check out the following signs and symptoms below and call the Premiere Vein Center to schedule a consultation:
Symptoms of Spider and Varicose Veins
- Unusual appearance to your veins. This is the most common symptom of spider and varicose veins. Spider veins are smaller, close to the surface of the skin, and can look like tree branches or spider webs that are dark blue or red in color. Varicose veins can be much larger and tend to develop on the legs. They may be raised from the skin and be twisted or ropelike in appearance.
- An aching, persistent pain in your legs that seems to get worse if you sit or stand for long periods of time
- Persistent throbbing or cramping of the legs
- A rash on the legs that is itchy or irritated and cannot be related to another cause
- An itchy or burning feeling on the face or legs
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs
- Restless legs
- Darkening of the skin. This symptom typically occurs in severe cases of varicose veins.
Symptoms such as those listed above are more likely to occur with varicose veins than spider veins. If you have experienced any of the above symptoms and would like to receive more information about your condition and the treatment options for it, contact the Premiere Vein Center of Pleasantville, NY, today.