Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment Center near Harrison, NY
Are you concerned about varicose veins or spider veins and want to know what you can do to prevent them?
Spider and varicose veins are problems of the veins that affect a large percentage of the aging population in the U.S. While many of the factors that cause spider veins, varicose veins, and other vein diseases are genetic and therefore unpreventable, there are certain measures you can take to reduce your risk of developing one of these embarrassing and uncomfortable conditions. If you already have spider veins or varicose veins, the methods below may also help to reduce your discomfort and prevent new problems from occurring.
- Always wear sunscreen or a hat outside to protect your face from the sun and decrease the occurrence of spider veins on the face.
- Exercise regularly and focus on exercises that strengthen your legs and improve circulation, such as running or walking.
- Maintain a healthy weight to prevent unnecessary pressure on your legs.
- When sitting, don’t cross your legs for long periods of time. This can cause injury to your legs that can eventually lead to varicose veins.
- Elevate your legs when resting to facilitate the flow of blood to the heart.
- Eat a diet that is low in salt and high in fiber. High-fiber foods help to regulate your digestion and decrease the risk of varicose veins. Reducing salt in your diet can help with the swelling that occurs with varicose veins.
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time. Whenever you can, take a break to walk or move around the room briefly to encourage proper circulation.
If you have questions about how you can prevent spider and varicose veins or would like to learn more about treatment for your existing condition, contact The Premiere Vein Center today. Our office is conveniently located near Harrison, NY.