Rectal Cancer Treatment in the New York Area
Do you need rectal cancer treatment in the New York Area? When you have cancer, you need every advantage you can get. Lawrence Hospital Center, located in Bronxville, New York offers comprehensive cancer care including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and supportive services. Call today to request a consultation with our outstanding oncology team.
At the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery, rectal cancer patients are supported by our excellent staff of board-certified surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and oncology nurses. Our impressive oncology team has even been featured in national magazines including Good Housekeeping, Redbook and Woman’s Day.
To request a consultation with one of our notable oncology doctors, call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery today. We will take the time to discuss all your concerns, perform an in depth diagnosis, and create a course of treatment that is personalized to your needs.
Rectal Cancer Treatment:
Is there a difference between colon cancer and rectal cancer?
Yes. Colon cancer occurs in the large intestine (colon), the lower part of your digestive system. Rectal cancer is specific to the last several inches of the colon. Many times you may hear them referred to collectively as colorectal cancer.
What does rectal cancer treatment usually involve?
Each instance of rectal cancer is unique, and our team will diagnose your condition to determine the best course of treatment best for you. Some of the probable treatment options include the following:
- Surgery: This rectal cancer treatment is often performed to remove cancerous tumors and affected parts of the rectom.
- Radiation: This rectal cancer treatment uses high-energy waves to kill cancerous cells. It is often used after surgery to eliminate any remaining cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy: This rectal cancer treatment uses medications that kill cancerous cells. It is often delivered orally or intravenously, and affects the entire body. It may be used in combination with other treatments to ensure the complete eradication of cancerous cells, and reduce the chance for recurrence.
What support services do you offer to rectal cancer patients?
In addition to the latest innovations in medical technology The Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery also offers a wide range of supportive services to help you through the difficult process of rectal cancer. This includes our Palliative Care Team, whose purpose is to keep you as comfortable as possible and help you navigate the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. These include pain management, assistance with long term planning, and counseling services.
Life after treatment can still be a challenge. We also offer a Cancer Survivorship Program to help you face any physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and financial issues that you may continue to have after treatment.
How do I begin the process?
If you need rectal cancer treatment in the New York area, simply call the Lawrence Hospital Center for Advanced Surgery and request a consultation. Our friendly, helpful staff will be there at every step in the process.
- Breast Cancer Progression Blocked by Red Wine Compound
- Experimental Vaccine Shields Mice From Breast Cancer
- Fears Keep Testicular Cancer Sufferers From Seeing Doctor
- Grape Seed Extract Destroys Head and Neck Cancer Cells, Spares Healthy Cells
- Kidney Cancer Surgery Has Many Benefits, but Cost Is Not Among Them
- New Bladder Cancer Test Could Greatly Improve Patient Care
- Reduced Liver Cancer Risk Linked to Aspirin Use
- Technique Finds Hard-to-Spot Breast Tumors
- The Achilles' Heel of Cancer Cells Discovered
- Understanding Breast Cancer Subtypes: Inflammatory Breast Cancer