About Eastchester Center for Cancer Care
In order to effectively serve the ethnically diverse Bronx area, we have multi-lingual staff members. Our highly skilled physicians include: Anthony Hoffman, M.D.,is president of Eastchester Center for Cancer Care. He is an attending physician at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Hoffman is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Medical Oncology. He is a member of the American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Internal Medicine and American Society of Breast Disease. Dr. Hoffman earned his medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., in 1989. He did his internal medicine residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and his medical oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. He has a research background in molecular virology and co-discovered the HIV virus with Dr. Jay Levy of University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Hoffman also worked on the retinoic acid glue role in carcinogenesis at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.
- Alzheimer's and Cancer May Offer Protection from One Another
- Best Practices for Esophageal Cancer Treatment
- Cancer Patients Often Encounter Vitamin D Deficiency
- FDA-Approved Brain Tumor Treatment Prescribed to First Patient
- Federal Panel Discourages Use of PSA-Based Screening
- Molecular Pathway Discovery Could Lead to Improved Treatment, Diagnosis for Brain Cancer
- Older Smokers Receive New Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Routine Foot Self Exams Can Detect Melanoma
- Should Men get PSA Screening for Prostate Cancer?
- The Cancer Death Rate Decline Has Doubled