General Dentistry Dentists - Greenwich, CT
Looking for a dentist? Regular dental checkups are always a step in the right direction. Good oral health is a vital part of your over all health. A study from the American Academy of Periodontology found gum disease to be linked to other health issues such as heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimers. Call Teeth Now to connect with a reputable dentist in the Greenwich, Connecticut area.
Most dentistry services you need will be found at a general dental clinic, including:
- Professional Cleaning: This will include scraping built up plaque manually from the teeth to prevent gum disease. Cleaning often includes a fluoride treatment.
- Restorative Treatments: This includes fillings for cavities, crowns for severely damaged teeth, and bridges when more than one tooth is missing.
- Root Canals: When a tooth becomes infected because of untreated decay, the result is an intense toothache. A root canal removes the nerve causing the pain and the infected area. A crown is usually needed afterword.
- Treating Periodontal Disease (Gum Disease/Gingivitis): An intense professional cleaning is performed, followed by regular checkups, and education on proper oral hygiene.
- Extraction: Sometimes there is nothing left to do put pull a problem tooth.
- Prescribe Medication: Common medicines prescribed by dentists include antibiotics for an infected tooth, pain killers for tooth pain and sedatives.
- Examinations/Diagnosis: Regular checkups allow your dentist to examine your mouth for any unusual or problem symptoms. Any issues are diagnosed, and treatment is recommended.
- Performing X-rays: Dental X-rays allow dentists to identify cavities, impacted wisdom teeth, infected nerves and identify other factors that are impacting your oral health.
The first step is finding a reliable dental office. If you live in the Greenwich, Connecticut area, Teeth Now can help you find a location in your area.
The sooner you find a dentist, the better. Regular checkups help prevent gum disease and will identify cavities before they turn into toothaches. Call Teeth Now today, to connect with dentists in Greenwich, Connecticut.