About Optimal Wellness Network
Hal S. Blatman, MD is the founder and medical director of the Blatman Health and Wellness Center, and a nationally recognized specialist in treating myofascial pain. He is credentialed in Pain Management and Board Certified in Occupational and Environmental Medicine and in Integrative Holistic Medicine.
Dr. Hal S. Blatman Bio ImageAfter receiving his medical degree from the Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1980, Dr. Blatman completed two years of training in orthopedic surgery. He later studied ergonomics during his residency in Occupational and Environmental Medicine at the University of Cincinnati Hospital. For several years, Dr. Blatman practiced family medicine while managing a chain of urgent care facilities.
During Dr. Blatman’s tenure in general medicine, he recognized western medicine’s difficulty treating and managing chronic and myofascial pain. Consequently, he studied with the late Janet Travell, MD, then recognized as the world’s leading expert in treating myofascial pain disorders.
In 1988, Dr. Blatman established Cincinnati’s first clinic specifically dedicated to providing traditional and holistic pain treatment solutions.
Dr. Blatman is a Board Certified Practitioner of Integrative and Holistic Medicine, Designated A.B.I.H.M., for American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine. Dr. Blatman is a Past-President of the American Holistic Medical Association.
- Expert Commentary: Sam Speron, M.D, FACS - 9/18/2009
- Fears Keep Testicular Cancer Sufferers From Seeing Doctor
- Gene Increases Drinkers' Susceptibility to Colon Cancer
- Glaucoma Treatment Hope Found in Stem Cells
- Laser Cosmetic Skin Treatments Skyrocket in Popularity
- Mine-Hunting Software Identifies Rare Cancer-Related Cells
- Pre-Surgery Smoking-Cessation Program Successful
- Questions Surround Certain Cosmetic Procedures
- Studies Confirm: Chiropractic Care Works for Back Pain
- The Evolution of Hair Transplants